Let’s take the red hit piece one accusation at a time
Against education & children? Couldn’t be further from
the truth. I have 2 daughters who attended Windcrest Elementary, Ed White
Middle, & Roosevelt. They graduated Summa & Magna Cum Laude & went
on to serve in the Aggie Band & Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M. They
graduated with engineering & animal science degrees.
I was a school volunteer for 24 years & served on the
NEISD’s Citizens Bond Advisory Committee (CBAC) for 8 of those years. I
persuaded the CBAC to consider rebuilding Roosevelt & that became a
reality. For as much as Mr. McFall touts his involvement in education, I never
once saw him at any NEISD school board meetings & I attended a lot of them.
Additionally, I was a substitute teacher for NEISD. I
consistently got called for Kruegar & Wood middle schools because the
teachers knew I could handle the difficult middle schoolers.
Against Equal Rights? I have always championed for equal
rights & against injustices that I see.
Against the U.S. Constitution? I’m speechless. The Constitution
is the supreme law of the land. It is the basis for our country. It ensures
that the most important minority, the individual, has a voice in their
government.
Against the laws of our city? Well, I have voted for several
of them this past year. So, how can I be against the laws AND vote for them?
Against the military & veterans? Well, this is news to
my family. I have a son who is currently serving in the Marines as a captain.
He’s been deployed twice to Afghanistan & missed the first full year of my
oldest granddaughter. My nephew is a disabled Navy vet who was deployed to
Libya. My uncle served in the Marines during Vietnam & suffers the effects
of Agent Orange. Outside of Korea, I have had relatives in every war back to
the Revolutionary.
I have not rejected my U.S. citizenship. I am registered to
vote which requires me to be a U.S. Citizen. I was elected twice as a precinct
chair & I answered that I am a citizen of Texas on both filings just as I
made the same notation on my candidate application for council. Both positions are
local offices & trust me, if I had rejected my U.S. citizenship, Baxter
& company could have removed me in June without a recall.
The IRS W-9 is a confidential document to inform the city
how to report any city money I receive to the IRS. It is not for public viewing
& it was a felony offense to release it. I am pursuing that legally, but
the wheels of justice move very slow.
The back side of that flyer is pure fantasy & shows how
desperate the 3 black signs are.
I don’t want to abolish the police department, but I do want
to see them report the crime stats in the newsletter like they used to do. Many
other citizens have asked for that as well.
I don’t know what “actions” the flyer is referencing. I have
done my job on council, pointed out discrepancies in the finances, &
brought citizens’ issues forward to be addressed. You know, representing y’all.
I voted to support our designation as a Purple Heart City
honoring our veterans.
Is it against the children to vote to give the Little League
money & vote to allow the YMCA to host their summer camps at the civic
center? Is it against the children to ask that the Winn Brook Park be
completed as promised?
I was raised to honor my elders & in my industry, a
couple of geologists who I worked with were still going to work 3 days a week
when they died at ages 96 & 100. I have 2 clients in their 80s who visit their
well sites daily to review the rock coming out of the well-bore while their
wells are drilling.
Pigs in the backyard? No, each house does not have enough
land to house pigs & no matter how you well you clean up after them, they
are stinky. I know because I grew up near a pig farm. We do have room for 4 lb.
chickens and we have a number of residents who would like to have chickens. I
have several friends in San Antonio who have 3 or 4 chickens & they are beloved pets who
also provide fresh eggs. I’m a private property rights advocate & I
represent both the people who want chickens & those who don’t. I feel we
have not had a fair discussion about the chickens.
Despite a 9% increase in the premiums, I made the motion for
the employees to keep their current insurance. It drove me crazy when I was an
employee & my employer changed insurance policies every single year.
The city is using the wrong chemical to spray for the
mosquitoes. The chemical label says to call poison control if you inhale it
& to seek medical attention. That chemical isn’t killing the mosquitoes.
Additionally, when I complained about respiratory problems after the city first
began spraying in 2012, I was told I was the only one complaining. This year, I
learned several other people who complained were told the exact same thing. Our
backyard is mosquito free because of the mosquito control measures we take. Spraying
actually does very little to control mosquitoes & it is very expensive. Why not follow state
guidelines?
I’m against section 8 housing, 3 story apartments &
daily rentals.
Against brush pick up?!! One year it took 3 of the smaller trash
trucks to take everything we put out. I LOVE the brush pick up.
The nasty little business card some of you got has a picture
of me eating at a council meeting. That was taken by a citizen during a recess
of the meeting. That meeting began at 5pm & we didn’t finish until well
after 10pm. If the council was allowed to have meetings at our historical time
of 7pm, I wouldn’t need to bring my dinner.
I never referenced undesirable kids. It was undesirable neighborhoods.
You know, the ones that the Express-News & other media have been covering
for months. Plus, that statement was taken from a private email to a
constituent, who had included the mayor & CM Jacobi. I naively ‘replied
all.’ The mayor distributed it to all of his supporters. Then the email was
modified & passed out at the elementary school by McFall’s wife to paint me
as a racist. No one to this day has explained to me how the elementary went
from exemplary to acceptable. This year, thanks to the last legislative
session, there will be a new grading system A to F to rank the schools.
I was cited for my pool. The ordinance says 'breeding
mosquitoes.' I showed the Code Compliance officer that there weren’t any
mosquitoes in the pool, but he cited me anyway for the ‘possibility’ of
mosquitoes, saying he was just doing his job. He has also measured my grass
with a tape measure. My neighbors are fed up because he can’t just harass me so
they get to experience this with me.
I’m the same person I was last year when I was elected. My
goals haven’t changed. I ask for your help getting my message out because I
hadn’t planned on campaigning this year. Please talk with your neighbors &
ask them to vote against my removal. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment