Friday, October 6, 2017

What matters is how I live

One of my friends shared this video with me this morning:

https://youtu.be/Bg_Q7KYWG1g


I loved his quotes, "Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity. Pride is the burden of a foolish person." "That it's never wrong to do the right thing." I found the short video filled with inspiration, but I wanted to hear the full speech. Even without the music & the video clips, I found the full speech to be even more inspirational.

 https://youtu.be/0dT9-fThvkI

Particularly, one part which had been excluded from the shorter video. "Son, make sure your servant’s towel is bigger than your ego…Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity. Pride is the burden of a foolish person. You’ll never be a great shipmate. You’ll never be a great executive. You’ll never be a great teammate if it’s all about you. You’ll never be a great supervisor or a council person if it’s all about you. You’ll never be a great staff member if it’s all about you. Rather make sure that servant’s towel is always big."

This is exactly how my parents raised me to live my life & I have always kept this in mind in all that I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment