I intended to speak during
Citizens To Be Heard at the May 1st council meeting, but I learned
from a neighbor that the beginning of the meeting wasn’t being live streamed. Here is my message
to fellow Windcrest citizens:
My name is Kimberly Wright &
I have resided in Windcrest for 25 years. During that time, I’ve served on
council, commissions, & various committees serving the citizens of
Windcrest. I have been an active citizen in this city more years than any of
the present council members.
I’m here to address
slanderous statements which continue to be made about me. I
have a family full of veterans, past & present. My nephew is a disabled
Navy veteran. My son-in-law, whom I love as if he were my own child, is a
captain in the Marines & he has been deployed to Afghanistan twice. My kids
were in the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M. Many of my “adopted” kids from the Corps are
serving in various branches of our military & some have had life changing
injuries or nearly died.
So, I’m very passionate about
my family & friends who are veterans. I honor veterans who have served honorably & continue to act honorably in civilian life. However, I am disgusted by
dishonorable men who parade as honorable veterans.
As we approach the campaign
season, here are some questions our citizens should be asking:
Would honorable men disregard
the US Constitution & Texas law to which they swore an oath?
Would honorable men commit a
felony by releasing confidentially sensitive information & continuing that felony by publishing it in the news media & on social media for their political gain?
Would honorable men break the
law by denying citizens their right to vote on a legally valid petition for our
Charter?
Would honorable men
continually break the Texas Open Meetings Act law?
Would honorable men continually bring bad
PR to our city by libeling & slandering fellow veterans & innocent
citizens?
Would honorable men publicly
attack citizens about their freedom of speech & the free expression of
their religious beliefs?
Would honorable men instruct
code compliance to harass citizens who question the city council?
Would honorable men
continually accuse citizens of theft which never happened?
Would honorable men fire city
employees who support their political opponents?
Would honorable men threaten
citizens both financially & physically?
Would honorable men threaten
a political opponent’s job by calling their employer?
Would honorable men use more than $18,000 of taxpayer money to create, carry, & approve a legally invalid recall petition against their political opponent?
Would honorable men use
taxpayer money to support their re-election campaigns in city newsletters, banners, & comments on garbage bills?
Would honorable men file
false police reports on a fellow citizen during re-election for political gain?
Would honorable men hide
campaign expenses or misreport them?
Would honorable men hire a
man indicted for two first-degree felony counts of misappropriation of fiduciary
property…ie money?
Would honorable men refuse to
pay legal expenses of a former mayor & a
former council member when they were cleared of any wrongdoing?
These & many more questions need to be asked during this campaign season.
As I stated before, I honor veterans who have served honorably & continue to act honorably. I will continue opposing any veterans who abandon their oath to the Constitution & act dishonorably.
No comments:
Post a Comment